106 South Main Street
Albion, New York 14411
Parish Office: (585) 589-4243
Fax: (585) 589-0734
The Catholic Daughters would like
to send out a big THANK YOU to
everyone who purchased mums or
donated to their sale. With your
generous support they sold out
again this year!
Our Lady of Batavia Knights of Columbus will sponsor a Chicken BBQ on Sunday Sept. 16th from 10am until sold out (take-outs only). Pick-up will be at the rear of St. Mary’s Church, Ellicott St., Batavia. Cost of the dinner is $9.00 and includes 1/2 chicken, cole slaw, potatoes and dinner roll. Proceeds benefit local charities. For presale tickets call Mike at 343 3810.
THE SISTERS OF ST. JOSEPH
Sunday, Sept. 30th from 5 - 9pm at St. Aloysius Church
157 Cleveland Dr., Cheektowaga, NY
Join us for Dancing, Singing, German Food and Beverages
Knockwurst, Bratwurst, Limburger-- Baskets and Raffle
$5.00 per person includes chips, pretzels and music
($6.00 at the door) Music by “The AUSLANDERS”
Call (716)759-6454 x200 for tickets & information.
If you know a couple that is celebrating their 50th, 60th or 70th Wedding Anniversary in 2018, a special Mass will be celebrated on Sunday, October 14 at 10:30am by Bishop Richard Malone at St. Joseph’s Cathedral located in downtown Buffalo. Contact the Parish Office as soon as possible if you wish to attend.
RETREAT IN DAILY LIFE
The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius opens us to a greater awareness of God working in our lives. The practices are meant to be engaged with, rather than studied. Bring yourself((your imagination, memories, heart and intellect into this 30(week walk with Jesus.These and other programs are offered at Mercy Spirituality Center, just 36 miles away, right down the street from Rochester’s Highland Park. Call 473-6893 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WeShare - Interested in online giving? It is safe, simple and convenient. If you have questions or would like to sign up for onlinegiving please call Liturgical Publications at 800-950-9952.
• Begin every meal with a prayer. Grace can be 30 seconds or 3 minutes, but certainly no one will starve by a brief pause of gratitude; “God bless this food, those who prepared it, and this family. Amen.”
• Did you know St. Sebastian is the patron saint of athletes? Before and after sports practice or games teach your children to say, “St. Sebastian pray for us” or “St. Sebastian keep us safe”.
• Attend the Faith Formation program in our Parish. Our program, and your support of early Faith Formation, hopes to bring our Catholic Faith to life in the lives of our young people.
• What about a volunteer experience? Together our efforts can provide a connection between our young people and the larger community through catechetical activities, outreach and social justice activities.
• Make bedtime prayer a habit. What should we thank God for today? Who might need prayers today? Own up to our mistakes and then, start again. God is always there with second chances (and third and fourth.) Ask for help - no situation is beyond the love and mercy of God. No one is “too messed up” for God.
This fall, while it is back-to-school time, let’s also realize it is back-to God time. No supplies or backpacks are needed; just you, your family and God. Join us for weekend Mass.
St. Mark’s - St. Mary’s
Saturday, Sept. 29th 9:30am- 3:30pm
Kendall Fire Hall - Kendall, NY
The Farmers Market is held the same day as the
Kendall SCARECROW FESTIVAL
Chili Luncheon - Hotdogs - Crafts - Vendors
Bake Sale - Homegrown Produce - Popcorn
Theme Basket Drawing - Wagon Rides
Please forward to the Office, at your earliest convenience, a new Room Reservation form for your groups' meeting dates for the coming year. Please include updated information for the contact person- including the person responsible for the group and a phone #. Also, bulletin notices should be submitted to the office by Monday of the week before an event to be included in the next bulletin. Thanks for your assistance with these matters.